It may be time to upgrade your insulation. There is also a chance that you realized the benefits of insulating an attic or garage before winter hits. For these projects and more, spray foam insulation makes an excellent choice. Here are six advantages of this option for insulating your home:
- Best for air leakages: If you have an older home that feels like a large drafty manor, spray foam will reach the air leaks that conventional insulation may miss. The process of spraying it allows it to fill up spaces and block the smallest of holes. You will likely notice fewer drafts and more heat staying in place than before you had the spray foam installed.
- Works for all surfaces: The spray-in technique allows the insulation to adhere to both horizontal and vertical surfaces. A contractor can start with your ceiling and continue to your walls without missing a beat. This can reduce labor costs with installation and also makes it easier for the intrepid do-it-yourselfer who insists on buying a kit. It is often challenging to figure out the type of insulation that works best for walls and ceilings, so the flexibility of spray foam makes that decision much easier./li>
- No rodents: Spray foam insulation in Fargo, ND is synthetic and does not attract mice or insects. It is not great nest material because the consistency is closer to Styrofoam than the soft, wooly surfaces often associated with fiberglass insulation. Also, since it can fill in every hole, spray foam insulation is a great way to block any access to your home so rodents stay out.
- High efficiency: Insulation is measured on an R-value that indicates its airtight and insulating properties. Spray foam insulation ranks high on R-value, meaning it will pay for itself fairly quickly as the winter months begin and your heat turns up. You will likely notice utility savings pretty quickly, since the insulation will do its job well and fill in the leaks that gave you trouble last winter.
- Fits odd-shaped spaces: If your home is an interesting specimen, installing insulation can be challenging. Octagon-shaped rooms can demand cutting traditional insulation or using several different kinds, which perform no favors for your installation costs. Just as the spray foam will fill tight spaces where air leaks are common, it can also adjust to rooms or attics that are anything but square.
- Spot installation also possible: Your current insulation may work well and not require replacement. Despite this, you may still experience spots where rodents chewed, or there may have been settling that allowed air leaks to open up, and now you are experiencing drafts. Fortunately, spray foam can also be limited to specific spots for repair purposes. If you decide to take this route, you can inject it through a small hole in your wall rather than remove large sections. That reduces your labor requirements substantially.
If you decide to take the plunge on spray foam insulation in Fargo, ND, contact a professional for installation assistance or do-it-yourself kits. Call Interstate Spray Foam Insulation today to see what we can do for you.
Categorised in: DIY Spray Foam Insulation
This post was written by admin