Fiberglass insulation is one of the earlier styles of insulation available, but it still works for most homes. Sometimes, it can even be more appropriate for your budget and the layout of your home. While you may pay less, you are certainly not buying a low-quality product. Here are five benefits of fiberglass insulation in Fargo, ND that may make it a better option for you:
- It is inexpensive: There is a reason why fiberglass insulation is found in 85 percent of American homes. It is a cost-effective option when your insulation is old, but you are on a budget. If you are building a custom home and need to lower costs, that makes fiberglass insulation a very attractive option. Cost savings carry over into installation costs, since contractors are very familiar with fiberglass insulation and can install it quickly and thoroughly, which reduces the labor costs.
- Flexibility: Fiberglass can work in your garage, attic and throughout your home. It can conform to odd-shaped rooms and vaulted ceilings while still sealing out the cold of winter and the heat of summer. There are few spots where fiberglass insulation will not work at all. It is quite possible to make it your only insulation option if you are building a custom home, or if you need to replace the insulation in your current home.
- Fire resistant: Another feature of fiberglass insulation is its fire resistance. If you have many electronics or keep welding equipment in your garage, this insulation will not catch fire easily if the worst occurs. It will buy you time to grab a fire extinguisher or vacate the premises. It is also resistant to corrosive chemicals, which offers additional reassurance. That is why fiberglass insulation is not only used in homes, but also as shipping material for sensitive items.
- Sound proof: Fiberglass is resilient in protecting against sound, which keeps street noise out of your home. This is a great feature if you live on a busy street and would rather maintain a quiet oasis once you are inside. This also works for keeping sound in your home and not disturbing your neighbors. Audiophiles with loud stereo equipment or even a recording studio at home will love the extra silence, as well as the ability to be considerate to those around them.
- Moisture resistance: This type of insulation neither holds nor absorbs water. If your roof springs a leak or other damage brings the weather elements into contact with your insulation, those elements will likely go no further. Plus, fiberglass insulation will not become a breeding ground for mold, which leads to poor air quality in your home. In fact, homes with fiberglass insulation are less likely overall to suffer a mold outbreak. This is good to know if someone in your family suffers from allergies or asthma, which leaves them particularly susceptible to major symptoms.
If you seek skilled installation of fiberglass insulation in Fargo, ND, call Interstate Insulation today. We provide estimates and can answer all your insulation questions.
Categorised in: Fiberglass Insulation
This post was written by Writer