It’s not difficult to imagine all the things that could go wrong when making a big decision, and hiring an insulation contractor is no exception. To help you avoid choosing the wrong contractor, we’ve put together a few tips to help you evaluate your options. By following the suggestions below, you can save yourself a lot of headaches, wasted time and extra costs. Let’s get started!
Get three proposals
Three proposals will give you a pretty good sampling of what types of insulation services are available at what cost in your area. It will also show you which contractors are professional and detail-oriented. A good insulation proposal should cover the following points:
- The total cost, including whether it’s an hourly rate or a fixed price.
- The area to be insulated, and the square footage.
- The R-value of the insulation being installed.
- A schedule for completion of the work.
- Potential issues and additional costs that may occur.
If one of the contractors you’re considering isn’t willing to provide the above information in writing, you’d better start looking at other insulation contractors, in Fargo, ND.
If you’re potentially spending thousands on an insulation installation, you want it done right. You’re not out of line by being a little nosy about your contractor. You need to find out how much experience your contractor has, the type of people doing the work and what sort of protection is in place in case something should go wrong. Here are a few questions that you should ask:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have a contractor’s license for the State of North Dakota?
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau, and what’s your rating?
- Are you a member of any other professional associations?
- How many years of experience do the individuals doing the work have?
- Are you bonded and carrying workers’ compensation and liability insurance?
- What type of warranties do you offer?
Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to. Any experienced contractor will expect these types of questions and should be ready with the answers.
Many people just check references online, but these can be phony. Better to ask your contractor for a list of references and call a few yourself. Below are some questions you should ask your contractor’s references:
- Were you provided with an accurate and thorough estimate?
- Did the contractor maintain a safe and clean work environment?
- Was the work completed on time?
- Were you satisfied?
Getting feedback from people who’ve hired your contractor in the past will give you that added boost of confidence to move forward with a decision.
If you’re having a hard time choosing between insulation contractors in Fargo, ND, take our advice and put these three tips into practice. You’ll find that the process of hiring the right contractor will become much easier. As always, if you’d like to speak with one of our professionals about your insulation needs, we’re here to help. Call Interstate Insulation today to learn more!
Categorised in: Insulation Contractor
This post was written by Writer