It’s a known fact that home insulation is important for maintaining a comfortable indoor temperature. Unfortunately, many homes do not have quality materials installed, and this can lead to energy loss and an undesirable living environment. Should you upgrade your insulation? To help you decide, here are some of the top benefits of installing residential spray foam insulation in Fargo, ND:
• Improves energy efficiency: Your heating and cooling system’s job is to create a comfortable indoor environment, but it cannot do this when the home’s insulation material is in poor condition or of low quality. With the right high-quality insulation, you can rest assured that your HVAC air remains contained inside so you can enjoy the temperature you desire.
• Lowers your energy bills: When the warm or cold air from your HVAC is not lost through weak wall and attic insulation, your energy bills will be lower. This is because the inside temperature is maintained and contained and not escaping out improperly insulated walls. You will use your thermostat less, and thus see lowered energy costs.
• Blocks noise: Homes with insulation materials in the interior-facing walls have a noise barrier between bedrooms. And for homes with pipes running through the walls, insulation can muffle loud plumbing sounds, such as water rushing through drains and piping. You’ll also be happy to know that, when installed in exterior-facing walls, spray foam insulation in Fargo, ND is a great tool to block out a majority of outside noise, like street traffic and noisy neighbors.
• Makes for a great selling point: Having quality spray foam insulation in your walls is a good selling point—especially if your realtor mentions its advantages to potential buyers. However, you don’t want to invest in new insulation simply because your house is going up on the market. Putting in brand new spray foam insulation is a home improvement project you should take on while you are still living the house, so you and your family can reap the benefits for as long as possible.
• Stops drafts: The great thing about spray foam insulation is that, once sprayed inside a space, the material expands to fill in every nook and cranny. It seals out air, which reduces or eliminates the formation of cold drafts in winter and hot spots during the warmer months. In addition to installing insulation around window- and doorframes, make sure all the weather seals are in good condition to stop drafts further.
• Reduces allergens: You may change the air filter every month, but airborne allergens are still getting inside your home through opened windows and doors and areas that are not well insulated. But allergy sufferers can rest easier knowing that their home’s spray foam insulation may have the ability to improve indoor air quality. This type of insulation material seals tight to prevent air leaks, which means particles from the outside environment cannot get in—including pollen, dust and other unhealthy contaminants in the air. Additionally, spray foam is solid, so it does not create or produce allergens like traditional fiberglass might.
For more information about the benefits of installing residential spray foam insulation in Fargo, ND, feel free to contact the knowledgeable team at Interstate Insulation today.
Categorised in: Spray Foam Insulation
This post was written by Writer