Updating your home’s old or inefficient insulation material is a good way to increase your indoor comfort, while also saving money on your monthly energy bills. Besides choosing the right company to do the installation, you also need to choose the best kind of insulation material for your needs. Luckily, there is one material option that is ideal for most any area of your home: fiberglass.
Fiberglass is a popular insulation material that contractors have been recommending for decades, as it’s perfect for attics, walls, crawlspaces and basements. Furthermore, fiberglass has many advantages. Here are some of the top benefits of installing fiberglass insulation in Cass County, ND:
- Energy and financial savings: If your goal is to maximize the energy efficiency of your home, as well as save money on bills, then fiberglass may be the right insulation material for you. This material is virtually maintenance free, and damaged sections are often easy to remove and replace. Because fiberglass is good at retaining your ideal indoor temperature, with proper installation, it can help reduce your monthly heating and cooling costs significantly.
- Made with recycled content: One of the main ingredients in fiberglass insulation is glass, and every year tons of glass containers get recycled instead of ending up in the landfill. You may be happy to learn that fiberglass insulation contains a significant amount of recycled content in the form of glass fibers.
- Increased indoor comfort: Fiberglass insulation is made to block the transfer of heat from the outside to the inside of your home, and vice versa. That means warm air stays outside in the summer and inside in the winter. Having quality insulation around your windows can help to eliminate air drafts, and a draft-free house is a happy and comfortable home.
- Sound control: Inefficient wall and attic insulation are two of the biggest sources of home energy loss; therefore, an upgrade can mean a huge potential for energy savings. At the same time, good insulation is beneficial for soundproofing. Properly installed fiberglass wall insulation can help reduce outside noise, as well as sounds between individual rooms in your house.
- Moisture resistance: New, high-quality fiberglass insulation is moisture resistant, meaning it doesn’t absorb water, nor retain it. If new fiberglass does get wet, it needs to be inspected on all sides for contamination. Material that is free of visible defects can recuperate its full R-value after a thorough drying and after it has been reinstalled.
- Fire resistance: Fiberglass is made from recycled glass and silica sand, which makes fiberglass insulation naturally non-combustible for the duration of its lifespan—no additional fire retardant chemical treatments are required. Many county building codes recognize fiberglass insulation as an approved fire resistant material, whether inside wood-framed or steel-framed walls.
To learn more about the benefits of fiberglass insulation in Cass County, ND or to find out if it’s the best insulation material for your home, don’t hesitate to call the team at Interstate Insulation. From material options to services, our expert staff is ready to answer all your insulation-related questions!
Categorised in: Fiberglass Insulation
This post was written by Writer