The do-it-yourself (DIY) way versus hiring a contractor is an age-old debate among homeowners. In one corner, you have the DIY-ers who are committed to completing every task around the house without any help from a professional. In the other corner, you’ve got the homeowners who would much rather just hire a contractor to get the job done quickly and efficiently. The debate continues throughout every type of project, including the installation of DIY spray foam insulation in North Dakota.
Pros of DIY
Along with the sense of accomplishment you’ll enjoy upon completing the job, taking the do-it-yourself approach to spray foam insulation installation has a couple of positives:
- DIY saves money: One of the top reasons people do anything by themselves instead of hiring a pro is to save money. The same is true with DIY spray foam insulation. All you need is a DIY spray foam kit, which isn’t too terribly expensive.
- Great for small areas: If you’re only putting spray foam in a small area of your home or business, a DIY kit may be just right for you. Unlike professional equipment, DIY kits are compact and can go anywhere with ease.
Cons of DIY
As we’ve seen above, there are several pros to tackling the job without help. But doing everything yourself isn’t all roses; there are also cons that come with attempting to install spray foam with a kit:
- Kit foam isn’t the best: You get what you pay for when it comes to DIY spray foam. Though it’s not the case with all kits, the foam in some kits tends to not stick well or lose its effectiveness over time. Needless to say, that’s not good!
- You aren’t trained: Do you have years of industry experience under your belt? Probably not. You don’t have the skill set to properly and safely install spray foam to ensure it does its job in keeping your home comfortable.
Pros of hiring a contractor
We know that DIY spray foam insulation in North Dakota isn’t for everyone. That’s okay! We’re here to help anyone who’s interested in adding spray foam insulation:
- The job will be done right: As established above, you aren’t trained in installing spray foam and you don’t have years of experience. Luckily for you, we do! You can trust that our team will get the job done right the first time.
- You won’t have to worry about it: There’s a lot of work that goes into DIY spray foam insulation installation, and that can really take a lot out of you after a while. Kick back and let the pros handle it for you instead!
Cons of hiring a professional
At the same time, there are a couple of downsides to bringing in a professional to install spray foam insulation:
- Pros cost more: As you can imagine, hiring a professional to install your spray foam insulation will cost a bit more than doing it yourself. But it’s tough to put a price on the expertise we bring to your home or office.
- You may have to wait: If you’re really itching to install spray foam insulation, you may want to just go ahead and install it yourself. Although we try our hardest to serve our customers as soon as possible, there’s only so many places we can be at once. Call today to schedule your installation.
Whether you’re looking to hire a professional to install your spray foam insulation or you’d like to go the DIY route, give Interstate Insulation a call. We sell DIY kits, and we also offer our professional services to meet all of your insulation needs.
Categorised in: DIY Spray Foam Insulation
This post was written by Writer