For most homeowners, attic insulation in Fargo, ND isn’t something they often consider. Other home maintenance items top the to-do list, and attic insulation never crosses their mind. This is usually okay. Insulation isn’t something that requires daily or monthly attention. However, there are certain instances when attic insulation should be replaced.
It is time to replace yours? Watch for the following warning signs that indicate the time has come to turn your attention to your attic insulation in Fargo, ND. If your home is waving these red flags, consider replacing your insulation this season:
- Animals: Have pests made their way into your attic? Animals quickly destroy insulation and make it necessary to replace it. Squirrels, bats, rats, snakes and other animals leave feces and other debris in your insulation. They may also hide babies in the insulation, so don’t assume you’ve removed all the culprits! Inspect your insulation at least once per year for evidence of animal infestation. If this has occurred, it’s best to replace your insulation in Fargo, ND.
- Torrential downpour: Did your insulation get wet? Whether it’s from a major storm that made its way through your roof, a burst pipe or other leak, this soaking has ruined your insulation. Once it has become moist, you cannot salvage the material. It can grow mold, and the material becomes plugged with water, making it completely ineffective as insulation.
- Temperature changes: Is it difficult to regulate the temperature in your home? This is a sign that the insulation in your attic isn’t doing its job. The material may have shifted out of place, become worn down or is of poor quality. To maintain a comfortable climate in your home, replace your attic insulation in Fargo, ND.
- Indoor drafts: Perhaps the overall temperature of your home is fairly stable, but you experience random drafts of cool or hot air. First, check your doors and windows. If these are all closed, it’s time to check your attic insulation. Poor insulation here can allow cold drafts to enter your home. Stop these where they start by replacing your attic insulation.
- Climbing costs: Have you noticed an increase in your utility bills, or does your bill seem a little high for the size of your home? Poor attic insulation makes your HVAC system work twice as hard. You’ll spend more in the summer keeping things cool and more in the winter trying to keep things heated up. Replacing your attic insulation could allow you to save significantly on your utility bills year-round.
Have you noticed any of these warning signs in your home? Take a look at your attic. If you discover it’s time to replace your insulation in Fargo, ND, contact our team. The professionals at Interstate Insulation will provide the best insulation solution for your space. You’ll enjoy greater comfort in your home and savings in your bank account. Contact us today for superior service and products. We look forward to partnering with you to enhance your surroundings.
Categorised in: Attic Insulation
This post was written by Writer