Choosing the best type of insulation to use in your home is often a challenging endeavor. The type of insulation you use will ultimately determine your overall energy expenses.
Depending on the location, age and size of your abode, as well as your budget, there are several different types of insulation solutions that you may want to investigate. The two primary types of residential insulation that you can choose from, however, are spray foam insulation and fiberglass insulation.
Working with a company that specializes in the sale of foam insulation in North Dakota is an excellent way to determine which insulation methodology best suits your home. It’s important to understand the benefits and drawbacks associated with both spray foam as well as fiberglass insulation before deciding which insulation material makes the most sense for your home.
Benefits of fiberglass
For decades, fiberglass has been one of the most popular types of home insulation, and for good reason; it’s cost-effective, versatile and comes in several different installation options, including as rolls and batts or as blow-in filler. Here are just some of the benefits associated with fiberglass insulation:
- Cost effectiveness: Fiberglass, compared with other insulation options, is an exceptionally cost-effective way to keep your home insulated. Fiberglass is by and large the cheapest form of residential insulation available, and it’s possible to self-install.
- Recycled construction: Fiberglass is made out of recycled glass components, meaning that it’s an eco-friendly insulation solution. Fiberglass insulation is usually made almost entirely out of recycled components.
- Sound absorption: Compared with other insulation methods, fiberglass is an excellent way to stop sounds from traveling through walls and across your home. Fiberglass is a great sound absorber.
- Fire resistance: Because it’s made out of recycled glass, fiberglass is flame resistant, and can be part of a larger strategy to fire-proof your home.
Benefits of spray foam
Spray foam insulation is an excellent way to keep your home well-insulated throughout the year. While it’s often slightly more expensive than fiberglass, spray foam is typically regarded as a superior material. Here are some reasons to consider spray foam insulation in North Dakota:
- Powerful insulation: Spray foam is the most effective form of insulation. No other insulation type is capable of sealing off all of the various nooks and crannies of your home’s construction like spray foam.
- Deters mold: Spray foam seals off walls and is entirely water-proof; because of this, spray foam is a mold resistant material that can help you preserve the structural integrity of your home.
- Lasts indefinitely: Unlike fiberglass, which eventually begins to break down over time, spray foam insulation in North Dakota lasts indefinitely. Once you apply spray foam, there’s no reason to ever reapply.
Since 2007, Interstate Insulation has been the premier provider of foam insulation in North Dakota. To learn more about the benefits of spray foam insulation, or to talk to a qualified professional to determine which type of insulation is right for your home, contact us today.
Categorised in: Spray Foam Insulation
This post was written by Writer