Fiberglass insulation is one of the leading insulation products on the market today. It has a long history in the insulation industry and remains one of many homeowners’ preferences because of its effectiveness.
If an insulation project is in your future, call a professional and inquire about fiberglass insulation in Fargo, ND. In the meantime, here is some information about the major benefits of fiberglass insulation to help you with your decision.
What is fiberglass insulation?
Fiberglass insulation has been around since the 1930s and is one of the most common and most popular insulation types, even today. The insulation typically comes in one of two forms: pre-formed batts and rolls or loose fill that is blown in.
The insulation material itself is made of sand and glass particles, making it non-combustible and water-resistant, unlike other types of insulation. These materials are also either naturally occurring or largely recycled, making fiberglass insulation a more eco-friendly alternative.
One of the best parts of fiberglass insulation is its flexibility in installation and application. It can be placed in a wide variety of areas within the home, although it is mostly used for attics and interior wall cavities. It also comes in a variety of R-values (resistance to heat flow) to provide the right level of insulation wherever it’s needed.
Benefits of fiberglass insulation
Fiberglass insulation comes with a variety of benefits. Overall, it is a great choice for low-budget or DIY insulation jobs and provides good energy efficiency levels in homes and commercial buildings:
- Energy efficiency: The materials in fiberglass insulation trap pockets of air, helping to retain heat or cold inside a building. This can help improve a building’s energy efficiency and cut down on utility bills.
- Easy installation: Fiberglass batts and rolls are some of the easiest insulation types to install because they are merely unrolled and stapled into wall cavities. This makes the insulation project easy for the average homeowner to do, or cuts down on labor costs for professionals because it goes much faster.
- Cost-effective: Fiberglass is one of the least expensive insulation products available. It is extremely cost-effective for the amount of thermal insulation it can provide, making it an attractive option for most homeowners.
- Acoustic insulation: Fiberglass insulation in Fargo, ND is not only good for reducing heat loss and improving energy efficiency in a building—it is also useful in soundproofing walls and rooms. It absorbs sound naturally, resulting in a quieter home overall.
- Buildable: Loose fill insulation has the ability to be blown-in in larger amounts to reach almost any desired level of thermal insulation. While batt insulation comes in pre-set R-values, you can also add additional loose fill insulation on top of it to build up the R-value and make it more insulating if needed. This gives homeowners a lot of flexibility when installing insulation.
If you’re interested in installing fiberglass insulation in Fargo, ND, contact Interstate Insulation. We offer professional insulation services at affordable prices and can install fiberglass, as well as many other insulation types. Call today for a free estimate!
Categorised in: Fiberglass Insulation
This post was written by Writer