As the cold temperatures set in, you might notice your furnace working overtime. Keeping your Fargo home warm throughout the harsh North Dakota winter is no easy—or inexpensive—task. That’s why many homeowners are using spray polyurethane foam (SPF) to insulate their homes. The foam reduces air infiltration, which keeps the heat in all winter long. SPF is resistant to heat transfer, which makes it ideal for regulating your home’s temperature. SPF is also great for keeping energy costs down in the summer: since the hot summer air is kept out, you won’t need to spend as much money on air conditioning.
Does this sound good to you? You’re not alone. However, you may be wondering how to tell if you’ve found the best spray foam insulation contractors in Fargo, ND. Here’s a list of some of the things you can look into to determine whether a prospective spray foam contractor is going to provide the quality of service you need:
- Contractor directories: You should always hire a licensed contractor for your own protection. Find a contractor by looking through the rosters of the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance or the Insulation Contractors Association of America. Both will list licensed contractors specializing in SPF.
- Ask questions: Does your contractor have specific training in installing spray foam insulation? You should also ask about their training, experience, insurance and licenses. We suggest asking for client testimonials, if possible. This will give you a better idea how skilled they are with spray foam insulation and whether you’ll have legal recourse if something goes awry.
- Get suggestions: The best spray foam insulation contractors in Fargo, ND should be able to explain how spray foam insulation works and where they think it would be best applied in your home. They should be able to give you specific suggestions based on your home’s climate and location, as every home will have different needs.
- Ask for a projected timeframe: Your contractor should be able to give you a detailed explanation of the process, what to expect, what the cost should be, best practices and other details that will affect both the job and your daily life.
- Safety first: One thing to consider is that SPF has a drying time and curing process. After the spray foam insulation is cured, it is relatively inert. However, you’ll need to know exactly how long that period is before it’s safe to reenter your home, and how they plan to utilize safety practices. Ask how they’ll block off the work area, and if there are any other health or safety concerns you should be aware of.
Hire the best spray foam insulation contractors in Fargo, ND
Are you ready to insulate your home for year-round energy savings? Interstate Insulation is Fargo’s top spray foam insulation contractor. We offer expert workmanship and personalized customer service at affordable rates. When you want to insulate your home and save money on your energy bills, call us. We guarantee you’ll be thrilled with the results.
This post was written by Writer